Camping at Kumbrabow State Forest
Another option for overnight visitors is the Mill Creek Campground. The beautiful campsites lay in pristine settings near patches of Rhododendron and a native brook trout stream. The campground is open Mid April through deer rifle season. Features at the 12-site campground include
- picnic tables
- drinking water
- pit toilet facilities
- coin operated shower and laundry located at forest headquarters
- firewood and ice are available at headquarters during office hours
Sites are rented by reservation or first come, first served basis. Only one tent or trailer unit is allowed per site. Families may have one or two small tents in addition to the main trailer unit.
R.V.'s longer than 20' may encounter difficulty in finding suitable sites. A self-registration and fee collection station is located in the campground. Please bring correct change.
Campground Reservation Policies
- Only mail-in reservations will be accepted from February 15 - March 14.
- Reservations must be postmarked on or after February 15 or they will be returned.
- All reservations will be sorted by postmark and opened at random.
- A maximum of three reservations per envelope will be accepted.
- Advance reservations for campsites that are accessible to persons with disabilities may be reserved from February 15 to March 14 (proof of disability must accompany the deposit).
- Call-in reservations will be taken on March 15.
- Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-CALL-WVA.
- Walk-in reservations will be taken and filled subject to availability on April 1.
- Beginning March 15 all sites become available for all rentals.
The bathhouse has coin operated showers and laundry and is available to all overnight guests. The bathhouse is located at the forest headquarters and change (quarters) may be obtained from the office during office hours. Bring quarters for after hours use. Bathhouse is open daily 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Hours: 8 a.m. -10 p.m. Remember to bring quarters for showers and laundry use)
Showers $1.50 - quarters only - (8 minute shower)
Laundry $1.00 ea. - quarters only
Download Site Reservation Application form
Download and print a campground map.